________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Dirty Winter Wasteland

I am tired of dirty. 

Dirty, chalky gray floors by the back and front doors, tracking into my kitchen daily. The thick, gray slush squashing out from under the treads of my black snow boots through the garage and onto the rug inside. 

I'm tired of stepping in surprise drips of icy cold melt in my sock feet. 
I am weary of this heavy, wet wasteland. 

Isn't it interesting how our surroundings affect our overall state of mind?

 I am struggling with winter. We are on the homestretch here, so close to March and then blissful April! And yet, each and every year about this time, I feel like I'm on the verge of screaming at the top of my lungs- enough already!

I'm not going to play the tough man game. I give up. I just need to say it.

Looking for encouragement in the bible today I came across this wonderful, hopeful verse:

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. -Isaiah 43:19

Help me to see this new thing that you are doing Lord. In me. In my life and the lives of those around me. I want to see it springing up in this late winter wasteland. 

Let us be perceiving of this new thing God is doing in us and around us. There is hope for a time of rejoicing and sunshine just around the corner. 


No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS