________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Friday, October 3, 2014

Simple Inspiration Challenge

One of the hardest things that I have found to maintain about myself since becoming a mother 5 years ago, is to keep making art. 

Part of the problem is that I always have grand ideas for paintings or projects that I just never seem to find enough time to complete, or start for that matter. 

I'm stripping it down and lowering my expectations (a common theme?). I am challenging myself to simply notice and allow myself to be inspired in small manageable moments. Anytime I have a moment where something strikes me as beautiful or interesting, I am going to try and capture it either by a photo or a rough sketch or some sort of small way of studying it further. 

This morning I pulled into our Pediatrician's office parking lot and noticed the field was full of beautiful grasses all bursting in crimsons, ochres and chartreuses. It was a moment where I had a couple extra minutes and so I took a photo.

That is a simple inspiration. And a beautiful one.


No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS