________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Scrappy Burlap Fall Wreath

  
Continuing my simple inspiration challenge, I was feeling more creative and in the mood to make something relatively simple, but festive and fun. So, I made this "Scrappy Burlap Fall Wreath". Every once in a while my Fine Art education gets trumped by Arts and Crafts. :) There is certainly a feeling in the rustling breezes around here and I am in the mood to celebrate my favorite season-Fall!
 
I was surprised with how simple this project was. I have seen these made before and so I went to the store only with a vision in my head. I found this wire wreath base at Jo-Ann's for only a couple of dollars. Originally I had envisioned regular brown burlap, but happened upon a whole shelf of interesting colors and patterns. I fell in love with this burnt orange glinted with gold glitter. I knew it would look striking against our black front door. I think knowing your front door makes all the difference in wreath choice. I always love a good contrast. 

I chose the 18" wreath frame and bought 1.5 yards of burlap. I cut the fabric into roughly 4"-5" strips.  I also bought a small wooden letter 'D' and some bits of flora and golden leaves to accent the letter.

 

Then all you do is tie the strips in half all over the wreath until they are all bunched up next to each other and hardly enough room left to tie on the wire. Pretty simple! The strips don't even have to be the exact length, I preferred them all a little bit different. I used a hot glue gun to adhere the little bits of flora on one spot of the wreath and then also glued the letter on top of that. This part is a little tricky but it just takes some trial and error.And that is basically all you do!


I'm proud of myself for actually carving out an afternoon to make something! I think that is so important to MAKE the time as a Mommy. I hope you make time this week to do something you LOVE.

        Happy Fall,

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS