________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Freezer Meal- Kale Lasagna Roll-ups

I went on a freezer meal blitz the other day, while prepping for dinner. I thought I would share a couple things that have proven to be easy and good!

First up...Kale Lasagna Roll-ups! 

I bought a huge bunch of Kale at the farmers' market, roughly chopped it up, sautéed in a pan with some olive oil and minced garlic until wilted. I boiled one package of whole wheat lasagna noodles. I then mixed: 1 large container small curd cottage cheese, 1 8oz. mozzarella/provolone shred cheese, 1 8oz. Shred Parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, salt, pepper to taste and mixed in the sautéed kale. 

Then lay out lasagna noodles flat and spread some of the cheese mix on top and roll up the noodle like a little rug. Pop in a freezer bag and voila! Instant meal ready to take out set in a pan with a little spaghetti sauce on top. 425 degree oven for about 45-55 min. 

What I love about these are: 

1. You can take out as many as you need. Great for a meal for just one or two people. Or if guests show up pull out more!

2. I love that my kids are eating whole wheat noodles and kale! Kale is all the rage these days, it is a major superfood. Look it up. :)

3. Fast! This took me much less time than layering a traditional lasagna.

Try it! 

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS