1. Get a bassinet of some sort and set it up near your bed. Make a "station" of sorts with anything you may need i.e. pacifiers, diapers, wipes, extra outfits, swaddler blankets, etc. Plan on camping out here for several weeks.
2. Buy paper plates. And cups...and forks. Trust me, you need to do this. It won't hurt the environment for just a couple months. You will be relieved of that stress.
3. Go to bed early. Resist the urge to stay up and watch a movie etc. Your body will thank you in the morning.
4. Have your friends set up a meal schedule and bring you meals. This is essential at least for the first week or two.
5. Do not commit to any social engagements for a good couple of weeks. Instead try to enjoy spending time bonding with your new baby. Cuddling and singing to her.
6. Pawn your other children off to relatives or good friends as often as you can.
7. Lower your standards of a tidy house. Do not feel guilty about this.
8. Call a good friend just to chat every couple of days. Your Mom friends in particular can give you encouragement.
9. Keep a good magazine or your iPhone handy in your car for when the baby and/or kids fall asleep. Go through a drive-thru for a special treat and park somewhere to enjoy the quiet.
10. Know your limits. When you are losing patience, call your Mom or hubby or friend for back-up. Even a 20 minute break can really help.