I was looking for a fast breakfast for our family, and I had tried other recipes that were similar, such as PB, Banana and Choc. Chip Bars that have been circulating on the web, but this one is the best so far for several reasons:
1. It uses old fashioned oats, not quick oats, which everyone knows is better for you :)
2. There is no added sugar! Unless you add chocolate chips of course. But even dark chocolate is ok in most people's health book. Lots of antioxidants.
3. In place of sugar is mashed banana, honey and unsweetened applesauce.
4. These individual cups make it easy to customize everyone's favorite toppings.
5. They freeze beautifully and stay intact in the little paper cups.
Try this recipe! You can adjust the recipe to make it to your taste too. We tried adding natural peanut butter to a few and frozen berries too, both were great. I think I'd like to try adding some coconut next time.
Great family recipe!