________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Reviews

Because I'm loving pinterest. I am starting a series of reviews on pins I've tried. You'll notice every pin on pinterest is described as being, "the BEST thing ever." So I thought I'd put some things to the test....

First up: CROCKPOT PIZZA CASSEROLE

Source: Katie on Pinterest


I am always looking for easy crockpot meals that my little ones will actually eat. That is why I pinned this. Spaghetti like dishes are usually winners. I found that when done cooking it was a bit dry, could have used more spaghetti sauce or water. The flavor was tasty and I like the addition of the pepperoni. I think my toddler found it just a bit spicy for his taste however, they did eat it. I used ground turkey instead. Overall, I'd say I may make it again, if I remember it. Easily forgotten.


Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
Author: 
Recipe type: Dinner
Prep time: 
Cook time: 
Total time: 
Serves: 6-8
Ingredients
  • 1 Box Spiral Pasta (uncooked but rinsed)
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 cup sliced pepperoni
  • 1 Small Can tomato Paste
  • 1 Cup water
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Instructions
  1. Spray Large Crockpot 6qt or larger with non-stick spray
  2. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic and green bell pepper. Drain excess fat.
  3. Rinse pasta and place in the crock-pot with drained ground beef mix. Stir. Tomato paste and water over noodle mix.
  4. Top with shredded Mozzarella.
  5. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours (no peeking)
  6. Serve with a side salad

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS