________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Monday, September 12, 2011

My favorite month...




Yep. It's September. I love the weather, sometimes just chilly enough for a hoody, but still plenty of warm sunny days left and the sunsets over Lake Michigan are spectacular. I also look forward to bonfires or fires in our wood stove on the back porch. Ahhh...September. My favorite is to bake something yummy (usually involving cinnamon and early apples) with the windows open and listening to James Taylor. The sun filters through the leaves differently this time of year. It sparkles and glows and spills onto our couch from our picture window. It is just a good feeling.

I love to be outdoors this time of year too. We have spent a lot of time as of late, climbing dunes and walking forest trails. Cal and Dad went down into our ravine and creek for the first time too. He loved it! He was running around and "ploring" as he calls it.

Running on the big boy trails at Warren Dunes with Nena.

My child refuses to look at a camera to spite us. Maybe he's tired of it? Haha!

Warren Dunes


Another favorite is the farmer's market! I love it all summer long, but especially in September. I look forward to the huge delicious tomatoes from Blue Bird Farms all year. I made a peach cobbler too! Yum.

My big boy about to venture down to the creek in our backyard for the first time.

Borrowing Mom's shades.

And who could forget that this adorable baby turned three months in September?!?
I think a good way to end this post, no?

God is so good to us. Though life is at times a struggle, he remains our constant. We continue to seek out his will for our lives daily.I am learning new things all the time.

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS