________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gratitude

I am enjoying a quiet cup of Earl Grey and a toasted english muffin on this quiet rainy Saturday afternoon in May. I have been reflecting on this past year or two. Calvin is now a rambunctious toddler and I find myself very pregnant. There was nothing in my life leading up to the birth of my first son that compared to that excitement. There is something so real about God's presence and his hand in those first moments of a new life in your arms. Amazingly, I now know that those little bundles of joy turn into little people with their own little personalities. I think that makes it even more exciting. Some days, even in the midst of being tired from a long day of chasing Cal around I am overwhelmed with emotion. (I'm sure it probably has something to do with my mood swings and hormones at times) But I am just beside myself with the blessings in my life. I have a loving husband who comes home for dinner always with a big smile on his face and a beautiful son who's bright and loving and wild in the best of ways. And what's more is that we will have another son! We have food, good food to eat, and a cozy house that has truly become our home, filled with memories.

I suppose this has become a gratitude entry in a way. Though I believe that God does not spare us from suffering and though we have had our fair share of trials, he is a good God. Today I choose to dwell on all that is good and pure and lovely.

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS