________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Week Without Daddy

This week Dan has been in Haiti. I am so excited for him (and secretly wish I could be with him). I know that he is doing some great work down there. They have already built several houses for people.

While he's off globe trotting. Cal and I are here at home left to our own devices.Let me just sum it all up for you: Mama needs a B-R-E-A-K.

I have a new found appreciation for all the single moms out there, including my own mama. Overall I don't think it's too terrible, he is such a joyful little boy so it makes it all the more pleasant being with him. It's just so nice to have Dan as my partner, to watch him for a few minutes while I take a shower or spend some time working on a project or weeding my garden. Even just to make a cup of coffee and sit down to drink it can be a challenge.

Calvin also wonders where his Daddy has gone. He will occasionally point his finger outside and say "da-da" as if in the form of a question. Ma-Ma will be so happy when Da-Da gets home...

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS