________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Friday, February 5, 2010

Two and a half years it is!

Thanks to my four voters! We 've come to a conclusion that 2.5 years between Calvin and his next sibling would be the best answer! Oh good, glad I don't have to worry about that one anymore :)

Dan and I pulled out some of our older camcorder tapes and we were looking through them. Calvin used to be so little. It's amazing! I'm so glad I pulled that out when I did and used it. It's so different from just taking a picture. I love that you can see what kind of expressions and movements he makes and sounds too! What a big boy he has become.

In other news, I've been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis. I knew something has been really wrong with my hands the last few years. It's gotten worse this past year and a half or so. I have a lot of pain and stiffness in my hands and wrists. It's gotten to the point where I can't open cans, jars, Calvin's baby food, squeeze out my shampoo, even pull my covers up over me at times. If I hit my hand even a little on something, it is the most excruciating pain. I am not one to complain about my health either. For the most part I am extremely healthy and I have a high pain tolerance too.

My mom said when I was little I had an appendicitus and we stayed in the hospital for 12 hours waiting for the docs to decide if they needed to do surgery, because of how I was acting they said they just couldn't believe they really needed to do anything, I would just color alone quietly and occasionally complain about my tummy hurting.When he finally decided to put me under he said if he would have waited even a few minutes longer my appendix would have ruptured for sure.

Anyway, my point is that for my hands to be bothering me this much-it's a lot! So the doc said that I need to start some pretty hard core drugs that will alter the disease and prevent the progression of it, and further damage to my joints. It's a tough call because they have some pretty significant toxicities and side effects. A couple even have a small chance of causing cancer. Yikes! I think God is really testing my fear lately. I need to trust him with this. I will not worry anymore.

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS