________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Friday, February 12, 2010

Birthday Party Planning

I've been asked a few times this week if I've started planning Cal's first birthday party yet....it's coming up March 22nd! Wow, that flew by. I've even been asked if I have a "theme" yet for his party. Huh? For a one year old? That's a little funny isn't it? I think this whole birthday party thing is really more fun for the adults to plan than for the kids to enjoy. Maybe by his second birthday he would appreciate a "theme" more. That being said, I'm getting excited to host the party and to have all of our loved ones in one room singing happy birthday as Calvin digs into his very own tiny birthday cake (which I plan on making myself). It should be fun!

As for a theme, not sure really what he's "into" yet. Power Rangers? Dora? Scooby-Doo? Nah....Dan thinks we should do a pirate theme- or outerspace. The thought of both kind of cracks me up- but then again we all have kids so that we can relive our own childhoods right? I guess I'll lighten up and enjoy it! (plus I think it would be super funny to draw a pirate mustache on Calvin and make him wear an eye-patch ;)

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS