________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Friday, November 20, 2009

I can hardly keep up! 8 MONTHS

Wow. I feel like I can hardly keep up with writing these posts to document Calvin's new milestones! A few days ago, I went into his room to pick him up in the morning and he was standing up holding onto the rail with the biggest grin on his face! That is the first time he has ever done that! He was so happy about it. He kept doing his little throat laugh that sounds really funny, like a laugh that won't come all the way out. He is making leaps and bounds this month. It's really fun to watch him accomplish new things.

Now he is crawling pretty well and fast too. Everytime we sit him down in his room to play he makes a b-line straight for his door. He likes the shininess of the wood floors I think and a whole new area to explore! Hurry Dan get the half wall around our staircase built! He has been developing more "Behaviors" too. Like when he doesn't like something or he wants a toy he will make this high pitched shrieking to let us know he's not happy. I heard my friend Dottie compare this sound that her daughter makes to the wring-raiths in the Lord of The Rings (if you're familiar, which I hope you are) I had to laugh because that is exactly what it sounds like!
It's funny because he can turn it on and off now, he is totally learning how to manipulate.

Dan has been sick with the swine flu the past week. Poor guy, he was wiped out and sleeping for like three days straight. He's feeling much better now. Thanks to Tamiflu. But he's still pretty weak and has a nasty sounding cough.

That's all for now!

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS