________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Thursday, March 19, 2009

36 weeks

Well I am 36 weeks today! That means that in one more week I will be considered full term!!!! So the baby will be perfectly fine if he comes at any time between now and my due date...(or after- yikes!) This past weekend was the shower marathon weekend. I had one shower on Sat. and one on Sun. One was for my mother's side of the family and the other was for Dan's side of the family plus church friends. It was quite the weekend! It was so good to see everyone. I usually don't get to see my mom's family very much and it was a little smaller crowd (for once) so it was really great to catch up and spend some good quality time with them.

Mary came up for The Deitrich's shower and Heather from Fort Wayne and the Thrasher gang from K-zoo. It was so nice to see everyone together in one room! We played some fun games like guess the candy bar in the diaper which is always a hoot. Especially watching my grandma's face as she opened each diaper and examined the melty mess of chocolate...priceless.

We got so many nice things for our little babe! So many cute clothes....I love how little everything is. Dan came at the end and helped bring the goods up to the baby's room at the new house. We then went through everything together and layed it all out and on his shelves. It was a really sweet moment that I'll never forget. The sun was shining in through the windows and we sat there on the floor looking through one of Dan's favorite books from when he was a little boy. Diana gave it to us to pass on to the baby. It was so sweet to watch him turn every page and light up as he remembered such a treasured story. I can't wait to watch him read it to our son.

No comments:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS