________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sick Story

So funny story...Stayed home from work the other day because I was feeling particularly sick that day. I think maybe I had something bad to eat or else it was more of a stomach bug. Anyway, I stayed home most of the day until the evening. I decided that perhaps I would venture out of the house just once as I was getting a pretty bad case of cabin fever. "Yes, I'll just go get a couple things that we need at the grocery." So I get in my car and go to the store. While at the store I start to feel a little sickly and so I decide to get the heck out of dodge. I jump in my car and pull out of the parking lot on my way home. All of a sudden an overwhelming nauseated feeling takes over and I think, "Oh no....I'm really gonna throw up right now." In a scramble I search around my car and find a cup from Wendy's with water in it. While driving I open my window and throw out the water that was left in the cup (pretty much a whole cup full) and the water splashes right back in my face....talk about a wake up call! Unfortunately it didn't help with the oncoming scenario. I proceeded to relieve myself into this little Wendy's cup, while driving in town with cars all around me. The whole time I kept thinking, "don't mind me just um...drinking...out of this cup here." It was definitely a site to see. I don't think that has ever happened to me before. Finally I made it home, cup full of puke and all.

By the way, I'm sorry if I'm being rather crass lately with all this sick stuff. I find it rather humorous actually. It's the best way for me to handle it. I hope you can get a little chuckle out of it too.

Funny side story:
The next day I decided to stop at Walgreens and get some new lotion. I am standing in line for quite some time as there are a lot of people there waiting to check out too. I pop open the top of the lotion to get a whiff. And it literally explodes all up in my nose! Like, not just a light spray but a full on explosion into my nostrils! I quickly try to wipe it out and off of my face which proved to be much more difficult without a tissue. I stepped up to the cashier and tried to look down and hide that fact that there was gobs of white lotion dripping out of my nose! Oh my...the predicaments I get myself into.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That sounds aweful! I'm so sorry to hear about that! When do you think the sickness will be over? Does it end or will you be puking the whole pregnancy? golly...

But it was kind of a funny story! Thanks for sharing it with us. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

thinking of ya,
Nick and Mary

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS